Saturday 11 December 2010

Pictures of trip to Taipei, Taiwan, 5th – 11th December 2010

 

IMG_3757 IMG_3756

A new experience, China Airlines from New Delhi to Taipei.

IMG_3758

They packed us in like sardines. And service was, sort of, average, so I think I will avoid them if I can in the future.

IMG_3761

But I arrived in Taipei, several hours later, more hopeful to nice greeting signs at the arrival desk.

IMG_3762

6th December 2010

Well, as customary now, I take a photo from my hotel room window. It’s the United Hotel, in the city centre. The view is quite good. Much traffic activity and so, so, many motorbikes!!

IMG_3763

On my first short walking expedition, I take a picture of this major landmark that dominates the city. I learn later it is ‘Taipei 101’ building. Like a large bamboo, the first six floors are shopping plaza and then offices, with a viewing station of the city at the top. Didn’t get there this time but I can imagine the views are great.

IMG_3764IMG_3766 

On this first walk, I stumble across a small temple down a side street. A nice smell of incense :-)

IMG_3767

Just outside the temple, two guys are playing and laugh at me for taking a ‘ western tourist picture’

IMG_3773

There are wide avenues. I need to add this picture to my global collection of zebra crossings (Abbey Road Style)

IMG_3775

I catch the school children going home. They look at me (tall and white hair) like something from out of space (probably I am).

IMG_3780 IMG_3781

At my hotel for the week, United Hotel, the owner is obviously doing well, proudly parading his Rolls Royce at the entrance.

 IMG_3785 IMG_3786

I stumbled upon this local Taiwanese family restaurant. The owners, most polite, could not speak any English, but a customer was so keen to help. Such fantastic tasty food

for 500 Taiwanese dollars (£10)

IMG_3812

Another picture of Taipei 101 from the offices of China Productivity Center, 45 minutes from the city centre.

IMG_3824 IMG_3825

I loved this Xmas tree (in bamboo) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment